Cemetery Decorations policy
A Place of perpetual beauty and remembrance
To preserve the aesthetic beauty and dignity of Grandview Cemetery and to safeguard all who visit here as well as our maintenance staff, we ask for your adherence to our Decorations Policy.
- Decorations and floral arrangements must be secured in
- Floral tributes that have become discolored, wilted,
seasonally inappropriate, or unsightly, will be removed and disposed of by park
Scheduled Clean-up Periods
- In addition to our regular weekly lawn care schedule,
we have two (2) cleanup periods each year – the beginning of spring and summer.
Floral arrangements and other decorations will be removed if not secured in
- During mowing season (April - October), floral
arrangements must be placed in regulation vases only. Glass, breakable objects,
containers, wire, sticks, toys, windmills, crosses, or any object placed or
fixed on markers or graves are not permitted.
Funeral Service Flowers
- Funeral service flowers will be removed and disposed
of by park personnel seven (7) days following the service.
Holiday Season Exceptions
- Our Cemetery Decoration Day is Memorial Day. Flowers
will be removed and disposed of by park personnel after seven (7) days.
- During the holiday season (November - March), decorations
may be placed on graves. These will be removed after March 31.
Grandview assumes no responsibility for items left on grave sites. Due to the open environment of the cemetery, we cannot prevent theft, vandalism, or the damaging effects of nature. Anyone who is caught stealing or vandalizing items from grave sites will be prosecuted.